Monday, July 5, 2010

New Name, New Beginning.

I've been meaning to do this and get back into the blogosphere lately, but I've been busy and procrastinatory (look it up!). But, for a reason that escapes me, I am unable to fall asleep tonight, and I figured an introductory post would be a good idea before I begin (hopefully) regularly posting again.

I didn't plan it this way (promise), but I am very pleased to have a blog with a name that is simple, descriptive of my intentions, and an alliteration! How great is that?! I changed the name for a few reasons. I liked the old one and I very much intend to do posts dealing with my theological views and biblical discoveries. However, I don't want to limit myself to solely commenting on the grand aspects and truths of life to the disregard of the simple and subtler areas. I also did not want come off in a way that unnecessarily put off people who are not in the same theological boat as myself. Yes, my core beliefs are nonnegotiable, but I don't want that to mean that I only ever have things to say that apply to people who share those beliefs. Another reason is that there is much in our culture and world at large that I find fascinating (the "big" and important ideas and happenings along with the fleeting and nonsensical) and feel like commenting on, and I really don't want to be the guy with multiple blogs. I'd much rather keep it simple. I'm sure there's more that could be said but those are the main points.

So there it is, I'm back. Hope to have a real post within a few days. Not sure how many people will actually be reading this, but if there's something you would like to see me post about or a question you'd have me answer just reply or message me. Glad to be back.

No comments: